The Role of Vice-President
Vice-President: The vice-president is responsible for the club in the absence of the club president and should assist the president and other officers with their duties. In order to be able to step in for the president, the vice-president must be current on everything that is occurring in the club as well as the duties of the president. Club Vice-President Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee all committee activities.
- Preside at all meetings of the club and board of officers in the absence of the president.
- Serve as an ex-officio member on all committees.
- Report on committee progress to board of officers.
- Follow up with committee chairs to verify progress.
- Attend weekly club meetings.
Attend two board of officers meetings.
- Attend the monthly meetings of the committees as an ex-officio member and advisor.
- Collect all monthly reports of the committees and submit them to the secretary.
- Present a report on committee progress during board of officers meetings.
Become familiar with the responsibilities of all officer positions.
- Maintain files on club committees that include things such as work accomplished, members, projects, budgets, and timelines.
- Obtain information from the immediate past vice-president of the club.
- Recruit and retain members.
- Conduct educational programs as assigned by president.
- Familiarize incoming vice-president with the position.
- Assist the president in any way he/she sees fit.